2018 KDLC Bursaries
The Kamloops and District Labour Council (KDLC) is offering four (4) $1,000 (one thousand dollar) bursaries, including the Jack Kerssens bursary, to students who are members or relatives of members of unions that are affiliated to, and in good standing with, the KDLC.
Who is eligible?
- Members or relatives of members, of unions affiliated to and in good standing with, the KDLC.
- Definition of a relative: a spouse of same or opposite sex, parent, child, including step-child or foster child, brother, sister, grandchild, niece or nephew.
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time or part-time post secondary program at a PUBLIC education institution in 2018/2019.
All of the following information MUST be included in your submission to the KDLC Bursary Committee.
1. Application form: 2018 KDLC Bursary Application
2. Transcript of your grade standing
3. Confirmation of your enrollment in a PUBLIC education institution in 2017/2018. If you are waiting for enrollment confirmation, please send a letter stating you are waiting for the confirmation and if you are chosen for a bursary, the confirmation will have to be shown before you will receive the bursary
4. A double-spaced typed essay of 750-1000 words on the following topic. This essay shall be the basis for awarding the bursary.
What effects has the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision to restore class size and composition language to the BCTF Collective Agreement had on students and staff in School District #73?
5. Please submit all of the above information to the address below before May 18, 2018.
The Committee will ONLY accept Bursary applications by mail to:
Kamloops and District Labour Council PO Box 369 STN MAIN
Please ALSO email a copy of your bursary application and your answer to the question to email@example.com. This is to make sure we get all of the applications in a timely fashion.