Coldest Night of the Year
The Coldest Night of the Year is a moment when tens of thousands of Canadians step outside the warmth and comfort of home and shine a light of welcome and inclusion.
Together, we’re collecting donations that fund critical services at a local charity partner who serves and supports vulnerable families and individuals in our CNOY community.
- We walk through the cold and dark on to declare our concern for people who have no home, and take shelter in nooks and crannies.
- We walk for those whose days are a battle to house and feed their families, and whose nights are filled with fear and frustration.
- We walk for those driven from home by violence and abuse. And we walk for people overwhelmed by isolation, guilt and despair.
- We walk humbly, realizing that anyone can lose their footing and then lose everything else.
Each step we take brings someone closer to safety, health and home, as together, we raise funds for organizations whose commitment and work transforms peoples’ lives.
This year the Coldest Night of the Year walk will be held on February 20, 2021.
Our Team So Far:
- Talitha Dekker (Team Captain)
- Lois Rugg (KDLC President)
- Darryl Schmidt
- Michele Pehota
If you’d like to sponsor the team or someone specific on the team, please head over to our Team Page on the Coldest Night of the Year website.
Look for the “donate to team” button on the Labour Council 2021 page to make a difference in our community.