The Kamloops & District Labour Council is represents of roughly 13,000 unionized workers in the Kamloops area covering Merritt to Valemount and Chase to Lillooet.
Our affiliates work collaboratively to advance the economic and social welfare of workers and with other progressive organizations in the promotion of social justice and human rights as described in the United Nations’ Charter of Human Rights.
We are members of the BC Federation of Labour and the Canadian Labour Congress, the latter of which represents over three-million unionized Canadians
Latest Kamloops Labour News
Latest Canadian Labour News
- Canada’s unions: We all have an important role to play in ending gender-based violenceby ekahler on December 6, 2021 at 2:00 pm
On December 6th 1989, 14 women were murdered in a horrific act of gender-based violence at Montreal’s École Polytechnique. This tragic event exposed a reality that many already knew and experienced: that gender-based violence is a constant threat […]
- Rank and file union members engage MPs with powerful stories about the need to end seniors’ clawbacksby Tanya on December 3, 2021 at 4:14 pm
Bruske: Hundreds of union members participated in CLC’s Action Week, telling MPs about low-income seniors being left behind and care workers in desperate need of a break Hundreds of workers have been engaging MPs about the need for swift action to […]
- Sheryl Burns awarded the 2021 Carol McGregor CLC Disability Rights Awardby ekahler on December 3, 2021 at 4:59 am
December 3 marks the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, which aims to promote awareness and mobilize support for disability rights issues. On this day, the Canadian Labour Congress recognizes a union member with an award for their […]
- Federal government should fast-track Canada Disability Benefit implementationby rchaaraoui on December 2, 2021 at 1:45 pm
Canada’s unions are marking December 3 – the International Day of Persons with Disabilities – by joining workers and advocates across the county in calling on the federal government to fast-track the design and implementation of the Canada […]
- MPs must listen to workers and take action on a fair recovery that makes life more affordableby Tanya on November 29, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Canada’s unions are making sure Members of Parliament hear from workers, as they get down to work this week. The Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) is launching Action Week, where workers from across Canada will be directly engaging with MPs about […]