The Kamloops & District Labour Council is represents of roughly 13,000 unionized workers in the Kamloops area covering Merritt to Valemount and Chase to Lillooet.
Our affiliates work collaboratively to advance the economic and social welfare of workers and with other progressive organizations in the promotion of social justice and human rights as described in the United Nations’ Charter of Human Rights.
We are members of the BC Federation of Labour and the Canadian Labour Congress, the latter of which represents over three-million unionized Canadians
Latest Kamloops Labour News
Latest Canadian Labour News
- EI for the 21st Centuryby twhitecross on January 22, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Canada’s Employment Insurance (EI) program is falling short. Over the past year, the shortcomings of the program have become all the more clear. EI needs to be reformed to match the current reality of the world of work. Read our recommendations […]
- Labour College of Canada announces partnership with Brock Universityby ekahler on January 12, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The Labour College of Canada (LCC) is proud to announce a new partnership with Brock University. Under the agreement, successful completion of approved LCC courses may be recognized as transfer credits towards a certificate or undergraduate degree […]
- End-of-year unemployment data shows need for continued support for workersby twhitecross on January 8, 2021 at 7:21 pm
“Even as the vaccine roll-out begins, we can see that the tough times aren’t behind us yet,” said Canadian Labour Congress President Hassan Yussuff. “The end-of-year unemployment data remind us that strong government support continues to be […]
- Lessons from 2020: The pandemic brought out the best in Canada’s workersby twhitecross on December 31, 2020 at 6:00 pm
“Canada’s unions are marking the end of 2020 by looking back on all that has been accomplished to protect workers and their families through the COVID-19 pandemic. The world has been forever changed, but people across Canada have come together […]
- Canada’s unions stand with India’s farmers and farm workersby twhitecross on December 22, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Canada’s unions stand in solidarity with farmers and agricultural workers in India as they continue to protest recent reforms to agricultural laws that deregulate the industry and leave farmers and farm workers vulnerable to exploitation by […]