The Kamloops & District Labour Council is represents of roughly 13,000 unionized workers in the Kamloops area covering Merritt to Valemount and Chase to Lillooet.
Our affiliates work collaboratively to advance the economic and social welfare of workers and with other progressive organizations in the promotion of social justice and human rights as described in the United Nations’ Charter of Human Rights.
We are members of the BC Federation of Labour and the Canadian Labour Congress, the latter of which represents over three-million unionized Canadians
Latest Kamloops Labour News
Latest Canadian Labour News
- Federal government’s new bill on climate change an important step on the hard road aheadby ekahler on November 20, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Canada’s unions are welcoming the tabling of new federal legislation that puts the country on track to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to zero by 2050. However, there is much work to do to get there, said Hassan Yussuff, president of the Canadian […]
- CLC joins global unions in calling on G20 leaders to lay foundation for a New Social Contractby ekahler on November 20, 2020 at 6:04 pm
The Canadian Labour Congress joins trade unions from around the world to urge leaders of the G20 to heed the call from the Labour 20 Group to take all necessary measures to contain and eliminate the pandemic and lay the foundation for a New Social […]
- Canada’s Unions Mark Trans Day of Remembranceby ekahler on November 20, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Canada’s unions are marking this year’s Transgender Day of Remembrance by calling on the federal government to implement a ban on conversion therapy. Conversion therapy aims to change an individual’s sexual orientation or to change an […]
- Canada’s unions say slowing job recovery necessitates urgent government interventionby twhitecross on November 6, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Canada’s job growth is showing signs of slowdown and Canada’s unions are calling on the federal government to quickly lay out its plan to stem long-term unemployment. The latest figures from this morning’s release of Statistics Canada’s […]
- Canada’s workers engage MPs during first-ever Virtual Action Weekby twhitecross on November 5, 2020 at 2:13 pm
By Hassan Yussuff, as published in National Newswatch On any given day of a normal year, Parliament Hill is buzzing with people lobbying elected representatives. According to the federal government’s lobbying commissioner, there were 18,728 […]