The Kamloops & District Labour Council is represents of roughly 13,000 unionized workers in the Kamloops area covering Merritt to Valemount and Chase to Lillooet.
Our affiliates work collaboratively to advance the economic and social welfare of workers and with other progressive organizations in the promotion of social justice and human rights as described in the United Nations’ Charter of Human Rights.
We are members of the BC Federation of Labour and the Canadian Labour Congress, the latter of which represents over three-million unionized Canadians
Latest Kamloops Labour News
Latest Canadian Labour News
- Canada’s unions call for fast-tracking of Canada Disability Benefitby scharbonneau on December 3, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Canada’s unions are marking the International Day for Persons with Disabilities by renewing the call for a fast-tracked Canada Disability Benefit. People with disabilities continue to face significantly higher costs of living than people without […]
- Sylvain Le May – Winner of the 2022 Carol McGregor CLC Disability Rights Awardby scharbonneau on December 2, 2022 at 4:12 pm
December 3 is the International Day of Persons with Disabilities—which aims to promote awareness and mobilize support for disability rights issues. On this day, the CLC recognizes a union member for their disability rights activism. This year, on […]
- It’s time to end gender-based violence at workby djeanlouis on December 2, 2022 at 2:36 pm
A call centre worker receives a torrent of verbal abuse while helping a customer. A nurse returns from work with bruises and torn scrubs after being attacked by an agitated patient. A barista is stalked by a regular customer. These stories are a […]
- Canada’s unions applaud the introduction of federal paid sick leaveby scharbonneau on December 1, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Bruske: Thousands of workers in federally-regulated workplaces will benefit; now we need paid sick leave for all workers. OTTAWA — Canada’s unions are pleased to see new legislation making ten days of paid sick leave available for all workers in […]
- On November 25th – Canada’s unions are raising awareness on Gender-Based Violence at Workby scharbonneau on November 25, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Every day in Canada women, two-spirit, trans, non-binary and gender nonconforming workers face life-threatening violence and harassment at work. Today, November 25th is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and the […]