The Kamloops & District Labour Council is represents of roughly 13,000 unionized workers in the Kamloops area covering Merritt to Valemount and Chase to Lillooet.
Our affiliates work collaboratively to advance the economic and social welfare of workers and with other progressive organizations in the promotion of social justice and human rights as described in the United Nations’ Charter of Human Rights.
We are members of the BC Federation of Labour and the Canadian Labour Congress, the latter of which represents over three-million unionized Canadians
Latest Kamloops Labour News
Latest Canadian Labour News
- Bea Bruske: Canada’s unions express solidarity and demand action on reproductive rightsby scharbonneau on June 24, 2022 at 8:02 pm
OTTAWA–– Bea Bruske, President of the Canadian Labour Congress, released the following statement: “Today, the Supreme Court of the United States delivered a devastating decision to overturn the landmark precedent set 50 years ago in Roe v. […]
- Indigenous Peoples Day 2022: Honouring Indigenous cultures on June 21 and beyondby hannah on June 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Canada’s unions are marking Indigenous Peoples Day by standing in support and solidarity with First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples across the country, and calling for greater government accountability, justice and action on reconciliation. […]
- Canada’s unions: Urgent action needed to help families through the inflation crisisby hannah on June 16, 2022 at 2:56 pm
OTTAWA – Day-to-day prices on essentials are surging, interest rates soaring and rents are reaching record levels. Meanwhile, wages are still lagging far behind inflation. Canada’s unions are urging Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance […]
- June 16 is International Domestic Workers’ Dayby hannah on June 16, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Canada’s unions are marking International Domestic Workers’ Day by calling on the federal government to recognize the critical role of domestic workers in Canada and protect their rights. Canada’s unions have long called for the federal […]
- Canada’s unions welcome cross-party collaboration on the Pension Protection Act – Bill C-228by scharbonneau on June 14, 2022 at 4:36 pm
OTTAWA – Canada’s unions welcome the cross-party collaboration of New Democrat, Bloc and Conservative MPs, who are moving forward key legislation to put workers at the front-of-the-line and protect their pensions when it comes to commercial […]