Kamloops & District Labour Council 2020 Student Bursaries
The Kamloops and District Labour Council (KDLC) is offering five (5) $1,000 (one thousand dollar) – one is the Jack Kerssen bursary in a trades field of study) and the Cynthia Friedman bursary (to women in S.T.E.M or trades study) to students who are members or relatives of members of unions that are affiliated to, and in good standing with, the KDLC.
Who is eligible?
- Members or relatives of members, of unions affiliated to and in good standing with, the KDLC.
- Definition of a relative: a spouse of same or opposite sex, parent, child, including step-child or foster child, brother, sister, grandchild, niece or nephew.
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time or part-time post secondary program at a PUBLIC education institution in 2020/2021.
All of the following information MUST be included in your submission to the KDLC Bursary Committee.
- Application form
- Transcript of your grade standing
- Confirmation of your enrollment in a PUBLIC education institution in 2020/2021. If you are waiting for enrollment confirmation, please send a letter stating you are waiting for the confirmation and if you are chosen for a bursary, the confirmation will have to be shown before you will receive the bursary.
- A double-spaced typed essay of 750-1000 words on the following topic. This essay shall be the basis for awarding the bursary.Describe “How has being a family member of a union member affected your life. Would you pursue a union job/or not, why?”
- Please submit all of the above information to the address below before November 13, 2020. The Committee will ONLY accept Bursary applications by mail to:
Kamloops and District Labour Council
PO Box 369 STN MAIN
Please ALSO send a copy of your bursary application and your answer to the question to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly marked KDLC Bursary – (Your name). This is to make sure we get all of the applications in a timely fashion.
Please download the information and application, attached to this post: